Organizations are showing a lot of interest in Sales numbers, and it’s not just those directly involved in Sales. This typically means extracting information from a CRM, the most prominent choice being Salesforce. IT teams are always looking for solutions that is freely available to present this data to their enterprise via their intranet portals. The objective of this blog to present such a solution.
At Xtivia, we are planning to release a number of such Salesforce Applications with highly configurable options in Liferay Marketplace to help enterprises meet their desires with respect to Salesforce CRM integration.
This solution is a SPA (Single Page Application) Portlet for Liferay that is written using AngularJS. The portlet takes care of followings:
- It provides a configuration screen for administrators to store connection parameters for a Salesforce instance.
- Authentication to Salesforce using OAuth2.
- Fetch the Account/Opportunities information from Salesforce via the REST API.
- Filter the Opportunities information with pre-defined filter criteria.
- It also uses one of XTIVIA’s internal frameworks called XSF. XSF resolves the issue of CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) between your application domain and force.com when making AJAX calls.
To use this portlet, download it and install from the Liferay Marketplace, and then place on a page of your choice. Before you can figure the portlet, however, you will need to create a Salesforce Connected App so that this portlet can connect to Salesforce. After you’ve registered your Salesforce app, enter the Salesforce app connection parameters in the portlet configuration. Below is a screen shot of the configuration.
Salesforce Opportunities Portlet Configuration
And now the portlet is now ready to show the Salesforce data. Here is how the Salesforce Opportunities portlet presents the Salesforce data in your Liferay Portal.
If you have any questions or ideas for enhancements, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org